Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Google can't keep it up!

Google! Analyse this!

It is understandable that new services will fall over from time to time. They may even disappear completely. Google are after all the kings of the beta release, and as we know beta software is unstable. After all of these years Gmail is still in 'beta' or have Google perhaps trademarked the term?

For the last several weeks when logging into Google Analytics the system first asks me to sign up for Google Analytics again. Crazy! What's even more crazy is that nine times out of ten if I sign up again the old accounts are still there, I just have a new account in addition. Once in a while the system collapses completely and returns an error.

From what I can see on the Net there are many people suffering but nothing substantive from Google on the matter. Seriously with all of the resources and technology you have at your disposal, you have the ability to scan peoples WiFi connections and grab their usernames and passwords as your street view car drives around our neighbourhoods, you can handle billions of web searches a second, but you can't fix an access issue and worse you lack the customer service and relationship maturity to communicate with your user base.

I love Google, I really do but this sort of crap just pisses me off.

-- 

PAUL J. LANGE – BLUE OCEAN STRATEGIST & RAINMAKER
ASSURING YOUR SUCCESS THROUGH VALUE INNOVATION AND FOCUSED ACTION
URL: http://www.paullange.com.au

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.paullange.com.au 

Posted via email from Blue Oceans

No comments:

Post a Comment